
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has described the Russian missile strike on Kryvyi Rih as a deliberate act of terror against civilians and a complete disregard for peace efforts.
The ministry said this in a statement seen by Ukrinform.
“With this barbaric attack against Ukrainian civilians and children, Russia demonstrates its complete disregard for international peace efforts under the leadership of U.S. President Donald Trump. This is Moscow’s signal to Washington that Putin will continue to wage war and kill Ukrainians until he feels a different level of pressure and force,” the statement reads.
The ministry said that Ukraine has been and remains committed to peaceful efforts and has taken concrete steps towards peace, unlike Russia, which continues to drag its feet and commit atrocities.
It categorically rejected Russia’s lies about the alleged military targets of this strike.
“The facts from the crime scene show that there were no military objectives. Russia’s goal was deliberate terror against civilians. This strike is another war crime and a grave violation of international humanitarian law,” the statement stressed.
The ministry added that it had already informed all partners and international organizations about the details of the Russian attack on Kryvyi Rih on April 4, the type of missile used and the consequences of this crime. It called for clear public reactions, condemnation of Russian atrocities, and concrete actions to increase pressure on Moscow and strengthen Ukraine, including bolstering Ukraine’s air defense and providing additional military assistance to protect Ukrainian lives.
“We are grateful to those of our partners who have already spoken out, clearly condemned the actions of Russian criminals, and are providing concrete assistance,” the ministry said.
Furthermore, Ukraine has already initiated the convening of meetings of a number of international organizations to respond appropriately to the Russian shelling of Kryvyi Rih and the constant shelling of residential areas in other Ukrainian cities.
“Ukraine, together with its international partners, continues to document Russian crimes and work to ensure that Russian criminals are brought to justice for all their atrocities against Ukraine and Ukrainians,” the statement reads.
On April 4, Russia launched a ballistic missile at a residential area in Kryvyi Rih, killing 19 people and injuring 68. Later that evening, the city was also attacked by drones, killing one more person and injuring seven. Currently, 38 victims of the missile strike remain hospitalized.
Among the dead and injured are children. April 7, 8, and 9 have been declared days of mourning in Kryvyi Rih.
Source: Ukraine's MFA on Kryvyi Rih attack: Russia's goal was deliberate terror against civilians